The central government’s Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) has brought a lot of relief to the families of weaker sections, especially women. It was launched on 1 May 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. Under PMUY, the government provides domestic LPG (LPG) connections to families living below the poverty line.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the central government has been made to allocate safe clean kitchen fuel to all the families of the country who still use old, unsafe, and polluting fuel for cooking.
The Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana was announced by the Central Government on 1 May 2016. Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the Government of India is providing domestic LPG to women holding APL and BPL ration cards of the country.
The scheme is being implemented under the Union Government’s Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Under PMUY Yojana, the Central Government is providing financial assistance of Rs. 1600 to all BPL and APL ration cardholders. Through the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2020, the Central Government aims to provide LPG gas connections to all the poor APL and BPL families of the country. To apply under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the beneficiary women should be 18 years or older only then they can avail the scheme.
The Mission of Ujjwala Yojana: The main objective of PMUY Yojana will be to promote clean LPG fuel in India, except to impure fuel and to protect the environment from contamination. Women of families coming from below the poverty line have to collect wood and cook food by burning the stove, its smoke damages the health of women and children. The health of women and children will be protected by the use of LPG gas available under the Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme. Promoting women empowerment through this scheme
- 1 Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana New Update
- 2 Brief Summary of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 3 Important facts of PM Ujjwala scheme
- 4 Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala scheme 2020
- 5 Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme 2020 document (eligibility)
- 6 How to apply in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme 2020?
- 7 What Did you Learn?
Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana New Update
Under this scheme, the central government is benefiting millions of poor families of the country. As you know, the problem of the Coronavirus epidemic is going on in the whole of India, due to which the Prime Minister had first locked down 21 days, which has now been increased to 3 May. Due to this, keeping in mind that the poor people are facing problems in living, our country’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has made a new announcement under this scheme. Under this PM Ujjwala Yojana, free LPG cylinders will be provided by the central government to the beneficiary women of the poor family of the country for the next three months.
Brief Summary of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launch Date||01 May 2016|
|Main objective||Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households|
|Other objectives||Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels|
|Target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19|
|Time Frame||3 Years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|Total Budget||Rs. 8000 Crore|
|Financial Assistance||Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection.|
|Type Of Scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
|Eligibility||All Ration Card Holder Families|
|Other benefits||EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill|
Important facts of PM Ujjwala scheme
- Families who are eligible for the scheme will get Rs 1600. The amount will be transferred to the women’s home account. EMI services are also provided to householders.
- The government has started sending the number of free gas cylinders under the Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme on the lines of the first installment from April 1. Only three LPG cylinders of 14.2 kg will be given under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- Every beneficiary has to be given one free cylinder in a month. On lifting the delivery of the first gas cylinder, the amount of the second installment will go to the consumer’s account. After that, the third installment will be given. There should be an interval of 15 days between two refills.
- This scheme is only for those families who fall below the poverty line. After the update, the government included 8 crore families in the 2019-2020 financial year.
- There is a budget of 800 crores allocated by the authority. To get a free LPG connection, BPL families have to apply for this scheme.
- Those who have already applied for this scheme will get free LPG by June 2020 due to the lockout.
- The PMUY scheme is currently active and covers 715 districts in the country.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala scheme 2020
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to women coming below the poverty line of the country.
- Women of the country will be provided a free LPG gas connection under this scheme.
- The benefit of the Ujjwala scheme PM 2020 will be made available to women over 18 years.
- This scheme will now make it easier for women to cook.
- The main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala scheme is to provide free gas connections to 8 crore homes.
- Applicant’s bank account is mandatory
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme 2020 document (eligibility)
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Ration card
- Identity card
- Mobile number
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photo
How to apply in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme 2020?
If the interested woman want to apply in the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala scheme, then she can download the application form from the official website
After this, fill the information asked in the application form like Aadhar card number, mobile number, name, address, etc.
After this, attach all your documents with the application form and submit it to your nearest gas agency.
Your LPG gas connection will be issued within 10 to 15 days after the gas agency officer verifies your application form and all documents.
What Did you Learn?
In This article, We have Discussed about “What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjawla Yojna” and tried to provide complete and helpful information. If you get anything helpful and useful then Please tell us your opinion in the comment section and also rate our work using below rating system.